2009-03-11

Dee's Baked Chicken Fillet

We had a great feast last weekend thanks to our visitor friend Deanna. She used to visit us a lot before she started working. Now that work and study pretty much dominated her life in MC, Hobbit Husband and I really appreciate her occasional visit since we don't get to see each other so often anymore. Partially, thanks to the classes she had to attend here in Bangkok, which gave us more time to catch up with each other.
When Dee started a blog sometime last year, she coined the word "cooking" as part of her blog title. Truthfully, I was quite amused for I rarely see her on apron, holding a spatula in one hand and a wok in the other! Thus, not to stop and judge at Cooking, I pursued the second word (Mis)adventures... Okay, it made sense...could mean between amateur, learning, leading to a pro...Perhaps I see it as her personal adventure towards accumulating a kitchen! Spices, sauces, cutlery, stove, oven, blender...
I guess she started with one stove and soon her adventures brought her to owning a real kitchen!
I was excited for her. Knowing that we could exchange kitchens and not only that, her visit actually brought extras to my own small kitch -- McCormick Italian Seasoning, Rosemary, and some other good stuff I wouldn't bother to buy! Yippee! :)

This visit, Dee came with her culinary skills along with a big appetite! We LOVED it!

So Hobbit and I were looking forward to try her Baked Chicken Fillet that she mentioned to us from Kim Ong's blog (I read and follow Kim Ong's blog too...such an inspiration for budding cooking dabblers like Dee and I). We started marinating the night before and baked it at lunch time. Here was the result!

Nice aroma . In fact we added parmesan cheese to the crumbs just to add flavor. Although we couldn't get the exact bread crumbs, the marinate ingredients was the main stuff that made the fillet tasty. The three of us were very much satisfied with the end result but nevertheless thought there is always room for improvements on every first attempt! :)

Thanks Dee. Thanks for stopping by and shared with us while you're in the midst and enjoying your (mis)adventures. It was a pleasure to be your chef helper! I expect more to come!! *_*

2 comments:

Deanna Beryl said...

Astagah I'm so honored to be mentioned! :) Aww you guys are way too kind. :) But yes, I had an awesome time cooking (AND EATING) with you guys (hello with THAT KITCHEN, I'd cook everyday! HIHIHIH). :)

OYES until the next time around!

Private tutor Lighthouse said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. Private Tutor in Sunny Isles Will check back later for more of your articles.